How to Explore
Olympic National Park
Without a Car
Use Public Transportation:
– Once you're on the Olympic Peninsula, consider using public transportation to access the park.
Stay in Park Accommodations:
– The park offers accommodations within or near some of the major visitor centers, such as Lake Crescent Lodge
Utilize Shuttle Services:
– During the peak summer season, Olympic National Park operates shuttle services to popular destinations
Join Guided Tours:
– Consider joining guided tours or excursions offered by the park or local tour operators.
– Some areas of the park are accessible by bicycle. You can bring your bike or rent one locally.
Carpool or Rideshare:
– If you're traveling with others or meet fellow travelers, consider carpooling or ridesharing to reach specific destinations
Plan Your Hikes:
– Plan your hikes and activities in a way that minimizes the need for a car.
Stay in Nearby Towns:
– Explore towns near Olympic National Park, like Port Angeles, Forks, or Port Townsend
Practice Leave No Trace:
– Regardless of your mode of transportation, always follow Leave No Trace principles to protect the park's natural
Is Southwest EarlyBird Check-in Worth it?