4 (5-ounce) chicken thighs 1 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided 2 cups flour ½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon seasoned salt 1 teaspoon garlic powder ¾ cup milk ¼ cup pickle brine 1 egg
1 tablespoon hot sauce 1 tablespoon honey Oil, for frying 1 cup heavy cream
1. Thinly pound each chicken thigh. Set aside the chicken thighs seasoned with salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and remaining teaspoon of crushed black pepper in a bowl.
3. Whisk milk, pickle brine, egg, spicy sauce, and honey in another dish. Heat at least 1 inch of frying oil in a big cast iron pan. Heat to 350 F.
4. Dredge one chicken thigh on both sides in flour. Coat both sides of the dredged thigh with egg and milk.in another dish. Heat at least 1 inch of frying oil in a big cast iron pan. Heat to 350 F.
5. Cook 2-3 breaded chicken thighs in hot oil for 3 minutes each side till golden brown, depending on how much space your pan has. Internal temperature must exceed 165 F.
6. Drain cooked chicken on paper towel-lined plates or a cooling rack-lined baking sheet. Keep warm in 200 F oven. Repeat with remaining chicken.
7. Remove everything except ¼ cup of oil from the pan. Whisk in ⅓ cup of the leftover flour from the dredging step while heating this ¼ cup on low heat. Whisk until lump-free and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring often.
8. Add heavy cream and water as required. Whisk while pouring. Heat for 3 minutes to thicken the mixture. More salt and pepper to taste.