1 pound skirt steak Juice from ½ orange juice from 2 limes, divided, plus wedges ¼ cup olive oil 1 tablespoon soy sauce 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 tablespoon chili powder
salt, to taste pepper, to taste 2 Roma tomatoes, diced 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro 2 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
1 (12-ounce) bag tortilla chips 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded 2 avocados ¼ cup sour cream 1 jalapeño, sliced
1. Cover the steak with orange juice, ½ lime juice, olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and a teaspoon of salt and pepper in a big bowl.
2. Meanwhile, make pico de Gallo. Mix tomato, cilantro, and white onion in a basin. Combine ½ lime juice, a bit of salt, and a pinch of pepper. Combine, then put aside.
3. To cook nachos, preheat the oven to 350 F. Sprinkle both shredded cheeses on tortilla chips on a baking sheet.
4. Heat a cast-iron skillet on medium-high. When heated, add steaks and sear for 3 minutes each side to develop a crust. Remove from heat and cut into strips or 1-inch cubes.
5. Place the steaks on the nachos and bake. Bake 5 minutes until cheese melts.
6. While the nachos bake, mix the avocado and ½ lime juice in a small bowl. Add a touch of salt and pepper.
7. Remove nachos from oven and top with pico de Gallo and mashed avocado. Spread sour cream on top and garnish with jalapeño. Serve with lime wedges from the other half.